martes, 16 de febrero de 2021

CHICK COREA: IN MEMORIAM

CHICK COREA: IN MEMORIAM

 Armando Anthony Corea, ​​más conocido como Chick Corea (1941-2021).


Chick Corea Trio (Christian McBride and Brain Blade) © Photo by Joan Carles Abelenda

Christian McBride con motivo de la muerte de Corea ha realizado un comunicado oficial:

 “The music of Chick Corea has made the entire world happy and inspired over the course of 60-plus years. Where were you when you first heard Chick’s music? Wherever you were, I’m sure it caught your ear and your heart. As musicians, we all wanted to play with him, write like him, put together bands like him, innovate like him. His legacy is so vast and deep, it will take probably a lifetime to absorb all of, or even most of it. From his sideman work with everyone from Mongo Santamaria to the Blue Mitchell/Junior Cook band to Stan Getz to Sarah Vaughan to Miles Davis to Gary Burton to his many legendary and innovative bands, I consider myself quite fortunate to have been a part of this great man’s universe. The first time I played with Chick was in 1995 on my second album, Number Two Express, with Kenny Garrett and Jack DeJohnette. From there, it was 26 years of totally blissful experiences. Chick was an instant friend to me and everyone he met. If you ever had a chance to meet, play, hang or just experience him and his music, I know you feel just as fortunate as I.

 “Our deepest condolences go out to his children, Thad and Liana, and his partner in love for almost 50 years, Gayle Moran Corea.”


=====


Mensaje de Chick Corea:

 “I want to thank all of those along my journey who have helped keep the music fires burning bright. It is my hope that those who have an inkling to play, write, perform or otherwise, do so. If not for yourself then for the rest of us. It’s not only that the world needs more artists, it’s also just a lot of fun.

 And to my amazing musician friends who have been like family to me as long as I’ve known you: It has been a blessing and an honor learning from and playing with all of you. My mission has always been to bring the joy of creating anywhere I could, and to have done so with all the artists that I admire so dearly-this has been the richness of my life.“

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario